Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What's going on?

I can be pretty terrible at this blogging thing sometimes, can't I ? That's no good, considering I'm trying to reach 5,000 hits by August. So, since I haven't posted in what seems like ages, you may (or may not) be asking yourselves "what the heck has she been up to?". Just life...and procrastination.

It's spring, and here at little old Ogle Acres that means being outside. Planting, watering, weeding, playing...none of which involve being anywhere near a computer. I used to do my blogging in the morning with my little (huge) cup of coffee, but now I'm doing this:

Told you I had weeding to do
Also, I've been working out a lot. And eating really healthy. I don't know if you've noticed, but this blog isn't exactly about scrambled egg whites, big salads, and standing overhead presses (no, I do not have a picture of that). So, I've been working out how to balance testing and creating the comfort food recipes you all love with the healthy lifestyle I'm trying to live. I don't want to compromise the integrity of classic southern dishes, either - so I don't want to do healthified versions of Southern classics (I just invented that word, healthified. Say it with a southern accent- it works)

So here's what I AM going to do:
1. Practice a little time management and get up earlier so I have more time to blog
2. Add Gardening and Healthy Living pages
3. Use my Sunday dinners for the really good, sinful food we all have come to expect from me.

Are you all ok with that? I hope so. I hope you can bear with me, I'm only human like the rest of you (you did read about my CookieFail, didn't you?!) I'm just a girl in a double-wide trying to write a cookbook, grow some veggies, lose 18 pounds, make some friends, and remain sane while raising a 3 year old.

Sounds like the makings of a pretty interesting blog, to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment